Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My Dad


Happy 80Th Birthday dad!

I have a special father. My dad fought in the Korean war, so he is one tough guy, but he is also the type that will cry at a sappy movie! My dad has always encourage me to do my best and he has accepted the fact that I am not the most traditional mom. Having seven children, homeschooling them and running around the globe delivering babies are not the normal things you brag to your buddies about when speaking of your daughter. But somehow I know my dad is proud of me and accepts me for just who I am.

Dad I know you never thought you would live to see 80! Having survived cancer, and a heart attack! But for some wonderful reason you are still blessing this world with you presence, I for one am happy about that!

I wish we could all be together on this day to celebrate, but we cannot, please know you are thought of and loved very much.
Since you are not one to receive gifts I have made a $50.00 donation in your honor to Real Hope for Haiti. They have been hit very hard with the flooding and are in great need. haitirescuecenter.wordpress.com

I love you dad, Happy Birthday!
Lisa

No comments: