Sunday, September 2, 2007

Durian; sort of yummy but not.

Sunday continued with two more of my patients sent back home. Then Elizabeth brought in a Durian for us to try. Right before she cut it I had a women come in and she said that her pains were 10 min. apart. I did her vitals and stepped out of her cubical to try the Durian. Well, ...... It is sweet and creamy in a garlicky kind of way. Not as bad as I had imagined. I returned to my lady to find that her water had broke (mod mec stain) and she had her hand between her legs! I had her get in bed, Jonna was with me, and we called for someone to chart. The head was visible and with one push the baby girl was there! That is the way to do it!

Today (Monday) I work the clinic and then swing (2:00-10:00). Another day in Davao City at Mercy Maternity.

No comments: