Monday, August 27, 2007

Durian man

Did 8 initial visits this morning in clinic. I had lunch in the kitchen, enjoyed the usual; white rice and vegetables with a sauce, little fish were available but I passed on them. The fish still have the head eyes and all, how is it the gore of birth does not bother me but eating fish with the head and eyes still there does?.

Walked in to the birth center to do a postpartum visit on Tess and baby Marco (Polo). He is gaining weight and looks great. I ask Tess how much sleep she was getting and she just laughed, so it is universal that there is no sleep with a new born.

One labor came in right as I was finishing up with Tess. She delivered 20 mins later, a baby girl. second degree rip. Seeing a lot o rips and repairs. Most women work in like that, in active labor with little time to spare. So it ended up being a good shift after all.

I came back here to the dorm, got a couple hours sleep and now it is time for dinner and then I work the night shift. It's all good I am enjoying it immensely!

No comments: