Friday, August 24, 2007

Just another day in Davao City

Got to sleep in till 7:30 today! Then Beth and I Went for our first run since arriving here. I think we only ran two miles, I have a head cold and was experiencing some vertigo. Even a short run felt good.

I called home, well really I called Don's cell because the whole family was out having dinner in honor of Mitch's 18th birthday. Thanks guys for passing the phone around so I could hear your dear voices! But why didn't I get to talk to Weseley? I think he speaks bisayn, the language spoken here, I think now when I get home I will understand what he has been trying to tell us for so long! LOL

Beth,Jean and I caught a motto to the mall where he enjoyed lunch and did some quick shopping before I had to be back for swing shift at 2:00. Ended up Beth was supposed to work too but she had forgotten ! lol She checked her schedule ant 2:30 and then ran to the birth center!

So here we sit with one lady in labor. Because this is her first child it could take awhile. Most of them women come in at 8cm or more. So to have someone labor here for much time is unusual. I work night too so I am for sure to be here when she delivers hopefully more will come in. always waiting and hoping!!!!!

2 comments:

Jaeda said...

Hey! How come everybody gets a shout out but me?! You had an eventful night.....I like the amniotic fluid bath. Oh well I guess that was yesterday. K so Weseley didn't want to talk to you, he told me so. Shane and I both took pictures so I will send some later and I'm sure shaney will too!! Love you!

Don and Lisa Buxman and family said...

where are those pictures?????? Okay so now you can say you got shouted at!