Saturday, August 18, 2007

Vocabulary

Here are some labor and delivery vocab words, I know it is just what you wanted to know!
ihi= pee, C.R. restroom, busog = contraction, sakit = pain, dugo= blood, (board yet?) tubig = water, ginhawa = breath, there is a lot more but my favorite is.. kalibong = poop, really isn't it just easier to say poop??? I can hear Mitch now "Oh kalibong" I will save the rest for later.

Beth and I worked together yesterday swing and night, 16 hours. Four babies born during that time, all straight forward (no pun intended) no big deal. We have today off to recoup, do laundry and what every else we want, I think that will include going to eat this evening. We try to get out as often as we can, it helps us to feel more a part of the culture. Yesterday (Saturday) we went to the annual festival and parade. I guess it was a big deal. Lots of media. We were pounced on by the media wanting to interview us live on TV, how strange is that. At first we were 'no that's okay ' but they were persistent and I thought 'oh why not'. Seize the day! When would I ever have that opportunity again?? After the interview we were lead into a media only viewing section to watch the dance troups compete. We had been trying to get a view of this but because of the massive crowd we could only hear the drums. The special viewing area was worth the few moments of national embarrassment, What a show!!!!! so amazing! The pictures just don't do it justice, try to hear the numerous drums pounding out the dancing rhythm, fantastic! After our moment of fame Beth and I hailed a cab and got back to work.

1 comment:

Jaeda said...

You are famous in the Phillipines. WOW. Mitch is running around yelling Kalibong. You were right!! We are at the lake today (waiting for a storm to blow over right now!) I hit my head on the water. ouch. Love you!!