Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Hello from your tomorrow

It is Tuesday the 28th of August at 7:00 in the evening and you are just waking up or not yet, to your Tuesday. There used to be a TV show about a guy who got the morning newspaper every morning at his door, that is no big deal, but the twist is it was the next days news. He spent his day 'saving people'. Though I am 'ahead' of you I am sorry to say I do not have the scoop on any pending tragedies, and I am certainly not a hero.
I got a few hours of much needed sleep. I worked the night shift last night (your yesterday) Had another delivery this morning (your yesterday)a baby girl. Another nuchal hand. I looked at it with my mind in warp speed trying to decide the right way to rotate that arm. I am happy to announce that she has two arms both going the right direction. (there is a lunar eclipse right now) They named her...... Lady Queen. Sounds like a dog name, 'come here Lady" "good girl lady" Well any way sweet couple.
Beth and I had to go get pictures for out visa extensions. The photographer said to her "you look like your younger sister". He said nothing to me! Okay so I had been up all night and I know that I looked bad but that was just not nice.
I was thinking this morning early at about 2:00 am (remember your yesterday) that I am not home sick. I was pondering the 'why' of that . I was sure I would have had a melt down by now, but I have not. Here is why... the good and the bad of it all. The good, I have not broken up one fight, the girls in the dorm do not fight, the laboring women do not fight, sometimes they do not stop pushing when we tell them to. The bad, "stop bothering your brother" .... "stop eating in there"
"stop bouncing that ball in the house" I have not had to tell one lady to go to time out!! Really I haven't. I did send a women home from the Birth Center last night (your yesterday) because she was not in active labor. and she did not mind doing that, no back talk. The good, only four loads of laundry done so far here. The bad; four a day at home. The good, I have not cooked one meal here. The bad; at least one meal a day for six at home. The good, I have not swept one floor or vacuumed. The bad, every day doing that at home. Okay before you think I am very mean please understand that I must be on some strange vacation...I sleep on a hard bed in a dorm room (when I do sleep). I work in bloody conditions. I work in stressful conditions, "how am I going to get that baby out". But for some GOOD reason I am really enjoying it. I do look forward to seeing my boys smiles, and experiencing their hugs. Holding my grandsons. But the truth is..... I REALLY LOOK FORWARD TO DRIVING THAT CUTE JETTA DON BOUGHT! I love you Don and I do miss you.

1 comment:

David and Judy Heady said...

Dear Lisa, Sounds like you and Beth are having an experience of a lifetime. At least things sure don't seem dull. Pray all is going well and you both are learning a lot. We know God has a plan for each of you to use this knowledge in the future. How much longer will you be there? We are praying for you and Beth as well as the entire family during your days apart.
God bless,
Judy and David