Friday, August 17, 2007

It is Saturday morning Beth worked the night shift and I worked yesterday swing (2-4:00) We took motto's out to a coffee shop that has reliable Internet and got some breakfast. It is great to get out even with the lack of sleep, finally my head has quit spinning and I am feeling more "normal" not saying I am normal! There is a big festival and parade today that we will check out and then we both work swing and night! Sleep? who needs it.

Interesting fact, they serve Durian drinks here at the coffee shop! Haven't tried the Durian yet but I will before I leave just so I can say I did.

Had my first assist yesterday, a baby BOY of course. Birth center has been slow only a couple births a day. The interns really work a lot of hours just so we are sure to get the experience we are wanting. Very different routine here, not real in pressed with the use of universal precautions or lack there of! The women that delivered yesterday that I was in on, had tested positive for uti and std's, this is difficult for me to get beyond but I will in time. I wash my hands a lot and double glove. They do not use masks or protective eye wear, good thing I wear glasses. I am always thinking about how it would work in Haiti, definitely would use more pro cations, I know that you loose that "personal touch" but we have to protect .ourselves
Getting ready to leave here, back to the dorm and then to the festival.

2 comments:

Jaeda said...

HEY! It isn't saturday morning yet! I think you are on some philipino crack! Its friday night silly. Whats Durian? I like your pictures, put up some more, I need to put up pics on my myspace of my new car, its hella tight yo!! You are gonna love it! Love you!

Sister girl said...

I think I just screwed up! I meant to send you a comment and had to enter all my ifo and my original comment went into the abis. Anyway...I'm a blog idiot. We may have some news soon on the wedding. You seem like you are enjoying yourself, spite the long hours. I'm glad you have a friend there with you. Keep safe! Leah, Guy and Garrett are moving to Manhatten, KS. Guy got a firefighter job there. Yahoo! they will be closer. He has to report on Sept. 17th, Leah's birthday. Love, Sister girl!