Monday, August 20, 2007

Worked the day shift (6:00 -2:00) we had three deliveries. I had one catch in those three, a baby boy of course! Mom's name is Tes. She was a G6 P4. They now have two boys and two girls. One baby died and she had one miscarriage. I almost didn't make the catch. I had stepped out of the room and Joyce came running for me. These women are hard to read they deal with labor so different then American women. I had checked her and she was 8cm but showed no sign of being uncomfortable! She must have been because not too much later that baby was in my hands! Then the fun began..... retained placenta, yep I knew I would see the "fun" stuff here. Carmen the supervisor said that was the first for her in the 300 deliveries she has attended here! Everyone is fine, just some more bloody details I will not include. They named the baby Marco. The dad would say "Marco Polo" and start laughing. ??????? Okay' so I would just laugh with him, Marco Polo lol lol HA!

No comments: